Junior Graphic Designer
Sardo Foods is a family owned and operated company with more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing, sales and national distribution. We produce over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service with a commitment to redefining the way Canadians eat. Sardo Foods is one of Canada’s largest private label suppliers and manufacturers of fine Mediterranean-grown olives and antipasti. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a strong focus on meeting high quality standards. If you are that person, you may be a perfect fit for our team.
Job Type: Full-Time
Junior Graphic Designer – Bolton, ON
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer who will use their strong knowledge of specialized design concepts, media and software tools to create electronic and/or printed graphic materials that support Sardo Foods’ marketing solutions and packaging designs.
Salary Type: not specifiedJob Requirements:
Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively perform the following:
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Ensure compliance with all Canadian packaging standards and food labelling regulations
- Develop marketing materials and packaging designs in line with established brand style guidelines
- Create wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, labels, company logos, and websites
- Produce effective product marketing tools for Account Managers and other sales staff that will help drive sales within their areas and customer base
- Verify content and colour accuracy of digital and/or physical printer proofs for all printed materials
- Partner with suppliers, customers and management to support marketing and branding initiatives
- Approve all die-lines provided by Private Label project management and design teams
- Provide status updates of all marketing material initiatives to senior management and stakeholders as required
- Actively source vendors that present cost-effective solutions to meet all required specifications
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- 1+ years’ experience in Graphic Design for web and print preferably in the food industry
- 1+ years of experience in packaging design
- Proficiency with required desktop tools like Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Understanding of HTML. CSS, and WordPress considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, planning and time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent visual design skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- French bilingual (an asset, not required)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
Sardo Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support a job applicant’s participation in any aspect of the recruitment process.
Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place