Grounds Maintenance Worker
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the care of the grounds surrounding the business and buildings. Planting and maintaining flowers/trees, mows lawns, pulling weeds, tree removal, repairs structures, helps to maintain buildings/campsites/road network, water systems, cleaning washrooms and port-a-potties and assist with trailer pump-outs.
- Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties including washrooms.
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower.
- Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, trees, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply seed and fertilizer to grounds to enhance growth.
- Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle salt down to keep people from falling.
- Sweep walkways of debris.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in groundskeeping.
- Rake, grass repairs, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture as needed.
- Build and place picnic tables as needed.
- Assist with minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Assist with pumping of trailer septic holding tanks.
- Assist with tree removal and cutting and splitting wood.
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary skill sets
- Dependability (8:30 to 5:00, 5 days a week).
- Friendly disposition to interact directly with campers.
- Clean driving record, full G license.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (rain, heat, snow/cold).
- Ability to operate a tractor and riding lawnmower.
- Some mechanical ability to maintain lawnmowers, trimmers, chainsaws, etc.
- Familiarity with chainsaws and Chainsaw Safety training an asset.
- Basic carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing skills.
- Ability to recognize problems/issues and find solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.