Full-Time Maintenance Operator (Seasonal) Peel/Halton, Ontario
Emcon Services Inc
Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor
Job Type: Full-Time
We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team at our 401/10(Mississauga), Caledon and Morriston Patrol Yards for our Peel/Halton Contract.
✓Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
✓ You have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
✓ Want to be home every night?
✓ You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Patrol Supervisor, the Full-Time Seasonal Maintenance Operator is responsible for:
• Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine summer and winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required;
• May be required to become a Night Patroller for the winter season;
• Performing activities such as traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, sanding/salting, drainage maintenance, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
• Minimum G license in good standing;
• DZ/AZ license considered an asset;
• Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
• Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
• Punctual and willing to work shift work;
• Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and
emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes
cost effective operations, staff co-operation and.
The position is a unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s
Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to:
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those
selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with